This is a brilliant opportunity and the role would best suit someone with a strong SAS background handling Big Data alongside a good understanding in cloud based environments.
- Support Data scientists in the use of new systems and database structures, through the use of best practise in code structure and efficiencies.
- Defining, creating and managing data retention policies.
- Improve the quality of data through in depth investigations.
- Manage and Implement ETL process.
- Work with data scientists to create applications to visualise, analyse and model big data in new ways.
- Processing user code checking for quality and efficiencies, reducing overlap of code.
- Use cloud based platforms to host data and applications, selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required.
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a cloud based environment including and understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Knowledge of Hive and Hadoop.
- 3 years SAS experience including the use of: Base SAS/SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS DI Studio with a good SQL background.
- Be able to optimize user code in an automated fashion.
- Ability to understand Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and ETL Development.
- Experience writing complex queries on multiple data sources.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A